Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm in the Spotlight!!!!!

What could be more fun then taking a walk on a sunny fall day with all of the beautiful fall colors and your beloved dog......you say nothing.....well think again.......being featured on Pearls Events Blog.  Aletha did a lovely feature about me and my jewelry on her wedding planning blog.......Thank you so much!!!!!
http://www.pearlseventsblog.com/


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spotlight | Christine Darnell Jewelry Designs


I had the opportunity to sit down with jewelry designer, Christine Darnell, a few weeks ago, and boy, did she WOW me with her beautiful work! Over a cup of coffee, we looked at many pieces in her numerous collections, and I can honestly say that I was blown away with her exquisite craftsmanship, attention to detail, and huge variety of gems.

Christine recently started a blog and although she's currently designing jewelry for a living, her former career as an interior designer shines through in her writing, as well as her passion for architecture, fashion, travel, music and movies.

In between sips of coffee, I had a chance to ask her a few questions about her and her work, so please enjoy a little Q&A with Christine Darnell...

How long have you been designing jewelry?

I've been designing jewelry since 1999.

What is your favorite piece in your collection?

If I had to pick just one, I would have to say the Spiderweb Cuff. If I get to pick just a couple more, I'd go with the Dinosaur Bone and Pink Tourmaline Ring.

What is the most rare metal/stone/gem you've used?
Raw diamonds are the most rare stone I've ever used. They are simply gorgeous in their raw form.

How many of your clients order custom pieces?
Although I have quite a large collection, 75% of my sales are special orders for our clients.

What is your favorite item to make?
I would have to say rings, probably because I personally love rings so much. I just don't have enough fingers for all the rings I own!!!!

What is the most popular piece?
I don't have one popular piece, however I sell many items with pearls. In particular, Keishi Pearls and Corn Flake Pearls. From pearl necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings, they are all big sellers.

How do you find such unique items to use, such as these Keishi pearls?

I hand select all my gems and pearls at gem shows and I love working with people to design special, one-of-a-kind pieces for special events such as weddings and other social events.

No comments:

Post a Comment