Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Special Order Stalactite Ring

A while ago I was listed on http://bludomain.com/ as one of many clients they had brought live.  It also listed the name of my website template Harlowe which resulted in many people contacting me who wanted to ask me questions about my website and template and who compliment me on my website design.  There were people who said they loved my jewelry and would keep my link for purchasing in the future.  One of the people was a very nice lady from Virginia who indeed a short while later contacted me to place a special order for a stalactite slice ring.  I sent pictures of the choices and she selected her favorite one and I made the ring......I was bending the last prong when the gem slice chipped I was beside myself.....I had made a few before and never had a stalactite chip so why did it have to happen on a special order?!?!?!?  So I contacted the customer with the bad news and asked her what she wanted to do......she selected another stalactite slice but I knew she really liked the purple and green one she had selected initially so I decided to try to see if I could save it.  So I made a new setting for it which had a bezel to protect the uneven edge and it turned out nicely.  I sent pictures to her and she liked it and wanted it........happy ending and here is the end result.......it went out in the mail today.

No comments:

Post a Comment